So excited for the third Sew Much fun blog hop! This time, we’re sharing a fun quilt block pattern as part of a Summer Block Party. Mmm…summer, to me, means lots of yummy, sweet berries. Whether its strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or boysenberries, we spend the summer picking – and eating – as many as we can.
My quilt block was inspired by the color of berries, and is designed to create a fun repeating pattern in those sweet summer tones. I *especially* love how it makes that neat dashed border around the edge of the quilt!
Here’s how to make one for yourself!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- raspberry fabric: 4 squares cut to 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- dark blueberry fabric: 8 squares cut to 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- light blueberry fabric: 1 square cut to 8-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- white fabric: 4 squares cut to 4-1/2″ x 4-1/2″
- white fabric: 8 rectangles cut to 4-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
HOW TO MAKE
- place one white square on the corner of the dark blueberry fabric, and sew corner to corner. Trim 1/4″ above the sew line. Press seams open, and repeat for three remaining corners
- place one dark blueberry square on the left buy viagra cialis online corner of the white rectangle fabric, and sew corner to corner. Trim 1/4″ above the sew line. Press seams open, and repeat for three additional rectangles (four total)
- place one dark blueberry square on the right corner of the white rectangle fabric, and sew corner to corner. Trim 1/4″ above the sew line. Press seams open, and repeat for three additional rectangles (four total)
- assemble block by first joining rows, then sewing rows together. Press seams open. Enjoy!
Now, onto the Sew Much Fun Blog Hop! Are you ready for a few more beautiful blocks? Here are some other lovely blocks to check out on the Sew Much Fun Summer Block Party!
- Faith and Fabric by Jen Frost (that’s me, and you’re already here!)
- Michelle Bartholomew by Michelle Bartholomew
- Devoted Quilter by Leanne Parsons
- Slice of Pi Quilts by Laura Piland
- Amanda Jane Textiles by Amanda Ogden
- Kathy Kwilts by Kathy Bruckman
- Patterns By Jen by Jen Shaffer
- Rachel Rossi Design by Rachel Rossi
Pin and save for your next project!
Just for fun…this quilt studio post links up at some of these great quilting and Catholic sites!