So excited for the third Sew Much fun blog hop! This time, we’re sharing a fun quilt block pattern as part of a Summer Block Party. Mmm…summer, to me, means lots of yummy, sweet berries. Whether its strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or boysenberries, we spend the summer picking – and eating – as many as we can.
My quilt block was inspired by the color of berries, and is designed to create a fun repeating pattern in those sweet summer tones. I *especially* love how it makes that neat dashed border around the edge of the quilt!
Here’s how to make one for yourself!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- raspberry fabric: 4 squares cut to 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- dark blueberry fabric: 8 squares cut to 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- light blueberry fabric: 1 square cut to 8-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- white fabric: 4 squares cut to 4-1/2″ x 4-1/2″
- white fabric: 8 rectangles cut to 4-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
HOW TO MAKE
- place one white square on the corner of the dark blueberry fabric, and sew corner to corner. Trim 1/4″ above the sew line. Press seams open, and repeat for three remaining corners
- place one dark blueberry square on the left buy viagra cialis online corner of the white rectangle fabric, and sew corner to corner. Trim 1/4″ above the sew line. Press seams open, and repeat for three additional rectangles (four total)
- place one dark blueberry square on the right corner of the white rectangle fabric, and sew corner to corner. Trim 1/4″ above the sew line. Press seams open, and repeat for three additional rectangles (four total)
- assemble block by first joining rows, then sewing rows together. Press seams open. Enjoy!
Now, onto the Sew Much Fun Blog Hop! Are you ready for a few more beautiful blocks? Here are some other lovely blocks to check out on the Sew Much Fun Summer Block Party!
- Faith and Fabric by Jen Frost (that’s me, and you’re already here!)
- Michelle Bartholomew by Michelle Bartholomew
- Devoted Quilter by Leanne Parsons
- Slice of Pi Quilts by Laura Piland
- Amanda Jane Textiles by Amanda Ogden
- Kathy Kwilts by Kathy Bruckman
- Patterns By Jen by Jen Shaffer
- Rachel Rossi Design by Rachel Rossi
Pin and save for your next project!
Just for fun…this quilt studio post links up at some of these great quilting and Catholic sites!
Amanda Ogden says
Hello Jen. Such pretty colours in your block – delicious.
Amanda, yes! It’s like a summer berry salad. Yum!
anne beier says
Great pattern, Faith. I love it. So summery and light. What did you design it on? By hand and then digitally?
Hi Anne – yes, exactly that! I take a sketch and then use EQ7 to digitally design.
Thanks. Beautiful work.
Jen Shaffer says
I love a block that morphs into an awesome quilt top. Thanks for hosting a great blog hop!
Thanks for joining in, Jen! Heading to check out everyone’s posts now.
Leanne Parsons says
What a great block, Jen! I really love the border it creates too 🙂 Thanks for organizing and hosting the blog hop!
Thanks, Leanne – the border is definitely my favorite part.
Laura Piland says
I love these colors! I could make every single quilt for ever and ever in aquas and reds/pinks!
We have similar taste, then – me, too 🙂
Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl says
There are so many fun possibilities with this quilt block. I really love the secondary patterns that form when the block is tiled together. Thank you for linking up with Tips and Tutorials Tuesday!
Thanks, and I agree – the secondary pattern is just as nice as the first.