One of my favorite partnerships is with CASA Family Day, an organization focused on bringing families closer and driving parent/child involvement. While they have year-round activities, one of their largest events is a focused event each September (click here for events in 2013 and 2015).
Ready to join in the fun?
- post your #myfamilyselfie on social media of your family enjoying a meal or doing another fun activity together
- try out one of these great activities from their Family Day Activity Kit to use at home – the activity mat is my favorite, and for parents of older kids, there’s a teen mat, too!
- join parents all across the country by taking the Family Day STAR Pledge to commit to keep their kids substance free
- check out their blog to see how our partners and sponsors are celebrating across the country. You’ll be in good company by joining 20 State First Ladies, 12 Major League baseball teams, Coca-Cola, Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA), Fathers Incorporated, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), National Center for Fathering, National Military Family Association, Partnership for Drug-Free Kids, Prevent Child Abuse America, Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD), The Family Dinner Project, the Kids Time, and The Moyer Foundation, and more!
Remember, though, that every day can be Family Day! Here are some great ways to stay engaged in your children’s lives…each is so simple, yet so important to raising a child that grows to be a healthy, active, and drug-free adult:
- be there: Get involved in your children’s lives and activities
- open the lines of communication and keep them wide open
- set a good example: Actions are more persuasive than words
- set rules and enforce them with consequences if your children fail to follow them
- monitor your children’s whereabouts
- maintain family rituals such as eating dinner together
- incorporate religious and spiritual practices into family life
- get Dad engaged—and keep him engaged
- engage the larger community
- get to know your kid’s friends and their parents
I’m really looking forward to seeing all your #myfamilyselfie photos! We’ll be sharing ours, too. Hugs and prayers from our family to yours!
Just for fun – this post links up at some of these great linky parties!
(Visited 209 times, 1 visits today)
Leave a Reply