It’s time we start some spring cleaning, and on the top of my list is to clean my iron! (So are these other must-clean items in my studio.) I don’t know about you, but my iron plate is in need of a cleaning; there is so much build-up from spray and applique, and it’s just. so. sticky. Now, there are photos below but I *highly* recommend viewing the video as that will walk you through, step by step, how to clean each bit of your iron in greater detail than what is shown below:
…and if you’re not the video type, no problem! Let’s start at the top; before we begin cleaning our iron, we need some basic supplies:
– small cleaning towel
– paper towels
– cleaning spray
– Magic Eraser
Ready to clean? Let’s do it!
STEP 1: CLEAN IRONPLATE
- saturate your small cleaning towel with vinegar:
- place the towel on your iron plate and let it sit there for 30min:
- Using a Q-Tip dipped in your diluted (half vinegar/half water) mix, add – using a Q-Tip – to the steam vent holes.
- To remove stubborn stains from your iron plate, use your Magic Eraser:
STEP 2: CLEAN YOUR IRON WATER RESERVE
- Pour your 50% water / 50% vinegar mix into the water reserve in your iron
- Set your valve to the highest steam setting, then press the steam/spray button to flush the valves/ports:
- Drain vinegar from your iron once complete, and rinse with water (otherwise it will stink like vinegar the next time you use it!)
STEP 3: CLEAN THE SURFACE OF YOUR IRON (non-plate)
- Let your iron cool:
- Using a surface cleaner, spray your paper towel and wipe down the surface of your iron:
STEP 4: ENJOY YOUR NEWLY CLEANED IRON!
Leave a Reply