This quilt shares the story of our connection – we are, truly, saints and sinners, each perfectly made in the image of our creator. The path that we must walk to reach heaven, though, isn’t always easy:
How narrow is the gate, and restricted is the way
that leads to life! Few are those who find it.
Each day, we have the new opportunity to be one of the few who find it. Each day, we can be inspired by those who have gone before us, those who have found the narrow gate. By reading their stories, learning from their examples, and recognizing our cross-generation connection, we have the opportunity to grow in ways we never expected as we journey towards the gates of heaven!
This beautiful sentiment is captured in our newest quilt pattern called “Connected”. Using our custom-designed Snowball Saints fabric, featuring 24 different saints printed on point on fabric that finish at 3″x3″ blocks, the Connected pattern reminds us of that unity. Made with two contrasting fabrics, this pattern was designed to look like a chain-link fence; each link encircles one of the saints, connecting them to each other and to us.
Saints in this beautiful fabric come from both around the world and across time, and include:
- Row 1: Our Lady of Guadalupe, St. Lucy, St. Katharine Drexel, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Row 2: St. Mother Theresa, St. Martin de Porres, St. Nicholas, St. John Boscoe
- Row 3: St. Euphrasia Eluvathingal, St. John the Baptist, St. Kateri Tekakwitha, St. Valentine
- Row 4: Our Lady of the Rosary, St. Cecilia, St. Patrick, Jesus/Divine Mercy
- Row 5: St. Therese, St. Michael the Archangel, St. Josephine Bakhita, St. George
- Row 6: St. Andrew Dung Lac, St. Joan of Arc, St. Mary, Star of the Sea, St. Agnes