Ordinary time…that time “in between”. There’s still so (so) much going on, so below please find some ideas on turning this Ordinary Time into Extraordinary Time!
Note: Activities will be added as we get closer to each date. Be sure to check out the Saints section for additional activities and information..
- Feast of the Baptism of the Lord (early Jan, just before the First Sunday in Ordinary Time)
- Candlemas / Feast of the Presentation of the Lord (Feb.2, white)
- World Marriage Day (2nd Sunday of February)
- Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday (Day before Ash Wednesday)
- Mother’s Day (mid-May)
- Solemnity of Pentecost (mid-May, begins the first week of Ordinary Time after Eastertide (aka: 50 days after Easter Sunday))
- Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity (mid/late May, preempts the Sunday immediately after Pentecost)
- Solemnity of the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist (June 24, white)
- Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul (June 29, red)
- Feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord (Aug.6, white)
- Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross (Sept.14, red)
- Solemnity of All Saints (Nov.1, white)
- Commemoration of All Faithful Departed Souls (Nov.2, violet)
- Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ the King of the Universe (late Nov., preempts the 34th (and final) Sunday in Ordinary Time)