23rd Day of Advent: the Three Maji follow the Star of Bethlehem
WHAT YOU NEED:
- felt in blue and yellow (I recommend getting a variety pack)
- embroidery floss in blue and yellow
(I recommend DMC variety pack)
- embroidery needles
(you’ll need ones with a large needle eye)
- tracing paper
or freezer paper
(optional if you want to print out my photos and make templates out of them)
HOW TO MAKE:
- INSIDE STAR: on the yellow, draw out your star. TIP: I slightly rounded the sides of the star so they weren’t perfectly straight/sharp.
- OUTSIDE STAR: lay your yellow star down on the blue felt and trace a shape similar to but approximately 1/2″ larger. Cut out two pieces…one will be the back and one will be the front.
- ATTACHING STARS: using blue floss, stitch the yellow star onto the blue. Then, attach the two blue stars together with the yellow floss. You can either do a straight stitch (like you did on the core) or a blanket. I really prefer the blanket stitch 🙂 I added a bit of stuffing to mine just before sewing it closed. It’s also up to you if you want to make the colors contrast or coordinate with the felt.
- …we will come back at the very end and attach the ribbon to the ornament for hanging.
(Visited 94 times, 1 visits today)